Join us this March Break (March 12-20, 2022) at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic and discover Nova Scotia’s maritime heritage, both onsite and online!
If you are visiting us at the museum, please prepare and review our Know Before You Go guide before your visit. To create a safe experience for everyone, we are offering a more relaxed March Break program for families and general visitors. We are providing activities for our museum fans both at the museum and online to make your March Break memorable!
For more information regarding our on-site programs, open exhibits, services, and other March Break questions, please call our front desk at 902-424-7491.
At the museum
Participate in family-friendly activities, including:
- A Seek-And-Find activity. We’ve created two levels of challenging fun!
- Staff Demos at a Distance. You’ll see how traditional and inspired maritime crafts are made and how some traditional games are played! Check at the front desk for daily morning and afternoon activities and museum locations.
- Visit our numerous exhibits on the first and second floors, with a beautiful view of our Halifax Harbourfront!
- Start and end your museum visit with a friendly chat with Merlin the Macaw our colourful museum mascot!
To help navigate your museum visit with us, there are many parking options along the waterfront and in downtown Halifax:
Our museum online
If you’re not able to visit the museum, or just want to join us from home, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with #MMAMarchBreak2022 for:
- March Break at Home Family Challenge! (PDF 125 MB) Have fun and enjoy this family-friendly activity from home. Work together and share your photo, drawing or video challenges with us on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and tag #MMAMarchBreak2022 to be entered for daily prizes.
- Demos at a Distance with museum staff sharing DIY traditional and inspired maritime crafts and games!