Although we still have much work to do to be fully accessible, we do offer the following and welcome you to the museum. We will update this page as we make improvements.
- Drop off lane, curbed sidewalk on Lower Water Street entrance, in front of the museum
- Main door entrance (Lower Water Street) and waterfront door have equipped automatic door buttons
- Elevator to the upper level galleries
- Seating throughout the exhibit galleries
- Spacious exhibits with wide pathways
- Single-use, gender-neutral, large washroom (near reception desk)
- Three wheelchairs available for visitor use (first come, first serve)
- Fire alarms include both auditory and visual signals
- The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is proud to be an Aira Access Partner.
ACCESS 2 Program
The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is a participating venue in the Easter Seal’s Canada Access 2 Card program that offers free admission for the companion of those visitors who require assistance while visiting the museum. Learn more about the Access 2 Card Program.
GoHere® Washroom Access
The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is a participating organization in the Crohn’s and Colitis GoHere® Washroom Access program to help individuals with Crohn’s and Colitis conditions access public bathroom facilities, to help plan their outings, take away potential stress and provide peace of mind. Learn more about the GoHere Washroom Access program.
We will update this page as we make improvements.
Drop off lane
Drop off lane, curbed sidewalk on Lower Water Street entrance, in front of the museum.
Main door entrance (Lower Water Street)
Main door entrance (Lower Water Street) equipped automatic door buttons.
Waterfront door equipped automatic door buttons.