Saturday April 14th from 10:00 – 12:00 pm (included with museum admission)
This is our monthly Museum LEGO Stop Motion Animation “Users Club” gathering, under the guidance of instructor Jenna Marks.
Jenna Marks is an experimental and narrative filmmaker with a strong focus in animation. She graduated with her BFA from NSCAD in May of 2013 with a major in film. Directly following her graduation, Jenna was accepted into the National Film Board’s prestigious animation apprenticeship program; Hothouse, in Montreal.
LEGO Stop Motion Animators should bring a small bit of LEGO, as well as project ideas and storyboards that you would like to create on your IPods or IPads or thumb-drives (don’t forget your chargers). The software app that can be downloaded online is: ‘Stopmotion Studio’ from the iTunes App Store.
Suggestions for our upcoming season of LEGO Stop-Motion Animation work sessions:
- Work with a small scene – everything you use should fit into a small shoebox
- Plan your scene with 3-4 characters
- Have a written story idea that has a beginning, middle and an end
- Your theme could be a nautical story or land & sea story
- Think about how the characters relate to each other
We will provide:
- A background if you need one
- Drawing paper and pencils for your story board
To register: Please enroll in advance for this program by contacting Jeanne Church at firstname.lastname@example.org or 424-7491
The cost is included with Museum admission (youth $3.10) or with your MMA or NSM Season Pass.
It’s Show Time – participants are invited to present their recent productions on the ‘big screen’ during the 2nd hour of the session. Parents & family are invited to attend.